15 January 2011

My life as a zookeeper

I've succumbed to the reality that my teeth need attention from the hot dentist and paid time off is actually the main perk of adult life.  Full time at the jail, however, has it's own internally draining qualities.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like it's Caranduru in Brazil or anything like that.  It's more like Mayberry, with a lot of this:







...and a TON of this:


<--- ...and a whole bunch of this, also.




But playing nurse ratchet isn't that bad.  I get to hand out antipsychotic medications to people who really need them. 


AND I get to help remove taser bars.  And I get to help people articulate the effects of their own personal struggles with withdrawal.  AND I get to wear a neat little radio and say things like, "can you 22 me?  10-4.  Yeah, he's a total 12-34."  And I get to deal with the real fun conflict of playing super nurse with over 600 patients that somehow make me feel totally incompetent all day.  It's great.

Four more days til Puerto Rico.....

No comments:

Post a Comment